Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Glasstire Review


Glasstire, artists: Miguel Angel Rojas and John Sparagana

This blog is very simple and easy to navigate. If it was my blog I would make it look more interesting, but since I have never been on the blog before I like that it is easy to navigate. It is very clean, but honestly does not feel much like a blog. As I began to read the  article the way that the art work is described really began to draw me in and it made something that looks simple have a lot of depth and meaning. This article was about two artists with similar styles and both of their pieces are fabric based. The objects used in the works of art are old and have historic value. Miguel's art has more of a natural historic value, while John's work contains some history of our country. At first glance I was disinterested, because the blog itself did not catch my eye and the art is not really my taste, but like I said as I began to read the article I started to become more interested. After the first paragraph I wanted to read more, but if it wasn't for the detail poured into the article, I would not have wanted to continue to read. As a whole I ended up enjoying the article, I thought it was an interesting read.
(The image is of Miguel Angel Rojas's "Por Pan, detail", but I could not find who took the image itself.)

No comments:

Post a Comment