Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Light Leaked Review

Light Leaked: Lori Nix
(Lori Nix, Botanic Garden 2008)

I love the layout of the blog, it is very easy to navigate and it does not strain my eyes to look at it. I like that the articles came right up so I did not have to search for them. I read this article because of the first two pictures I saw. I saw the image above and thought it looked cool so I continued to scroll down. The image that followed this the one above revealed that it is actually a small set with many lights surrounding it that make it look like natural lighting. I was very intrigued by these images so I had to read about the artist. Lori Nix has been building small scale models, like the one above, to photograph for more than 20 years. Her work is represented in many galleries, some even in other countries. Each project takes Lori and her partner, Kathleen, around 7 months to complete. They both work normal day jobs and work on their artwork at night and on the weekends. I love their work. I think it is incredible how realistic, but magical it looks. Their pieces of art are like images from a dream; a slightly distorted reality. 

No comments:

Post a Comment