Monday, April 14, 2014

Feature Shoot Review


Feature Shoot:KATERINA KAMPRANI


(Katerina Kamprani)

I really like the layout of Feature Shoot, it does not seem like a blog at first glance. It is also very simple and clean, which I like because it makes my life easier. I opened this article because the objects in the images were normal everyday items that have been distorted. I had to see more of the pictures, although they are unsettling, I couldn't help but stare at each image for a while. Katerina started this series as an "uncomfortable project" and I think the she hit the nail on the head. She has taken things we use/see daily and changed their appearance and function. We take the tools we have available to us for granted and she wanted the people to view her work to realize the importance of small things. I love her art. Its very unique and interesting to look at. I could sit down and scroll through 100s of images like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment